You’ve applied to college and are now waiting for the letter in the mail that notifies you if you have been accepted. Before you even apply to the college(s) of your choice, it’s helpful to understand just how admissions decisions are made. Discover Bank College Admission Tips.
Discover Bank is available nationwide. See below on more info regarding Discover Bank College Admission Tips.
Editor’s Note: Choosing Discover Bank is a smart choice whether you’re banking online or looking for the best return rates. See our full list of Discover Bank Deals, Bonuses, Rates, and Promotions.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||1.70% APY Rate||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit||$360 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank CD||Up to 2.20% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Money Market||Up to 1.60% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank IRA CD||Up to 2.20% APY||Review|
Table of Contents
Discover Bank College Admission Tips
Unfortunately, there is no universal admissions process. Every school has their own criteria, timeline and process to determine who will be admitted. While there is no one formula, admission committees may consider the following when looking at student candidates:
- State of Residence – Discover Bank College Admission Tips
- Schools look for geographic diversity. If a majority of students attend from a particular state and you reside in a different state, your student’s chances of admittance may increase.
- Legacy – Discover Bank College Admission Tips
- If you or other family members graduated from the school your child is applying to, this can be looked upon favorably in the admissions process.
- Special Talents and Extracurricular Activities – Discover Bank College Admission Tips
- Schools don’t just look at a student’s grades or test scores. If your student excels in sports, music or another area, or has participated in outside activities, your child may have a competitive edge in the admissions process.
- Special Cases – Discover Bank College Admission Tips
- A recommendation from a college president or a person within an influential position may play a role in how an application is reviewed.
- Financial Need – Discover Bank College Admission Tips
- Depending on the school, admissions decisions are separate from financial aid decisions. However, that is not the case with all schools. Financial need can influence an admission decision, especially if the student is not academically strong. Strong academics and special talents may help position a child for financial aid.
- Most admissions committees look for well-rounded students who do well academically and participate in extracurricular activities. Even if your child’s academic scores are not strong, the personal essay is a way to highlight their other strengths and help differentiate themselves from other applicants.
Discover Bank Online App
- All your banking, in your pocket or purse. Download the Discover Bank Online App today via iOS or Android.
Still Have Questions?
- Reach someone helpful 24/7. Call 1-800-347-7000! Ask to be connected with the Discover Bank Online Security Center.
• Available nationwide online
• Discover offers CDs with some of the highest and most competitive rates!
• Select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.35% APY up to 2.20% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
Applying for college is a big transition in life. It’s always good to be prepared and know what to expect. Hopefully this Discover Bank College Admission Tips guide helped you! Let us know if it did in the comment section below or help add onto our list! Let us know about your thoughts and experience with Discover Bank Online in the comment section below! If you’re interested in more info regarding Discover Bank Online offers, check out our full listing of Discover Bank Online Bank Deals, Offers, Bonuses, and Promotions. Be sure to check back on BankDealGuy for more bank deals!
-Available nationwide - paired with phenomenal customer service
-Get 1.70% APY on your funds with no minimum requirements & no monthly fees!
-No hidden fees. No minimum balance to open.
-It's your money. Use it when and how you want.
-Deposit checks on the go or grow your savings with automatic transfers.
-Move money in and out of your savings account easily and securely.
-View your savings account balance and activity online or with mobile app.
-Get started and open a Discover Savings Account in 3 easy steps.