When you decide you’re ready to buy, give yourself as much time as you can, so you don’t feel pressured throughout the home-buying process. Consider these CIT Bank Home Buying Tips to get you started:
CIT Bank is available nationwide. See below on more info regarding CIT Bank Home Buying Tips.
Editor’s Note: Choosing CIT Bank is a great choice whether you’re banking online or looking for the best return rates. See our full list of CIT Bank Deals, Bonuses, & Promotions where you can earn a $200 savings bonus and 1.32% APY Rate on a 1-Year CD.
The Marriott Bonvoy Bold offers 50,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
This card earns up to 14X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott BonvoyTM & 2X points for all other travel purchases. You’ll receive 1X points per $1 spent on all other purchases.
This card comes with no foreign transaction fees and you'll get 15 elite night credits each calendar year!
Table of Contents
CIT Bank Home Buying Tips
- Tip 1: Know your credit score. It’s easy to find, and you can check it for free. Review your credit report and credit score with any of the three major credit reporting agencies: Experian, TransUnion and Equifax. You’ll want to know if there are any blemishes on your report that need to be explained, or if there are mistakes that need to be corrected. Having a clean credit report will be a big help when it’s time to apply for a mortgage.
- Tip 2: Crunch the numbers. What monthly mortgage payment can you comfortably afford? You’ll want to be sure you can make your home loan payments now and in the future – including principal, interest, property taxes and homeowners insurance. Make sure to be upfront about your budget with your lender.
- Tip 3: Remember you’ll also need money to close your mortgage loan. When you buy your home, you’ll need to make a down payment. You’ll also have to pay loan closing costs, which include charges like loan origination fees, title insurance, and appraisal fees. Learn about our low down payment program.
- Tip 4: Get pre-approved for a mortgage loan. Before you begin home shopping, be sure to obtain a credit pre-approval from your lender and establish the terms of the loan you can qualify for. A pre-approval could be the deciding factor in buying a new home. Sellers typically won’t accept your offer unless it’s all cash or you have a lender’s letter saying you can get the financing you need. This can be a differentiating factor for the seller when evaluating multiple offers and may increase the likelihood of yours being accepted.
- Tip 5: Know your preferences when home shopping. Make a list of what’s important to you and your family — location, condition, price, certain amenities. Be realistic and understand that you probably won’t find the perfect house with everything you’re looking for. So make sure you know what trade-offs you’re willing to make and what is non-negotiable.
- You don’t have to go it alone. Connect with a mortgage specialist, who will help you understand and compare your loan options. You can count on personalized service and one-on-one guidance every step of the way – from application through closing. We’re here to help.
CIT Bank Online App
Still Have Questions?
- Reach someone helpful 24/7. Call 855-462-2652!
Home buying and car purchases are the two biggest purchases the average person makes during their lifetime. We understand it can be a high-pressure and tough situation, so hopefully these CIT Bank Home Buying Tips helped you! Let us know if it did in the comment section below or help add onto our list! Let us know about your thoughts and experience with CIT Bank in the comment section below! If you’re interested in more info regarding CIT Bank offers, check out our full listing of CIT Bank Deals, CIT Bank Bonuses, & CIT Bank Promotions. Be sure to check back on BankDealGuy for more bank deals!
-Available online nationwide
-Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month Term CD
-Earn up to 0.50% APY
-$1,000 minimum to open
-Selection of terms to meet your needs
-A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
-No fees to open or maintain the account
-Available as Custodial
-Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!