To top that bonus offer, you will receive up to $300 in travel credits annually as reimbursement for travel purchases. In addition, get 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Plus, no foreign transaction fees! If you want to find out more about what unique features this card has to offer and how it compares to the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, continue reading below.
Table of Contents
Chase Sapphire Reserve Card Summary
With the Chase Sapphire ReserveSM Card:
• Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
• $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
• 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
• Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
• 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
• Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority PassTM Select
• Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
Learn More About This Card Here
The Chase Sapphire Reserve earns an unlimited 3 Ultimate Rewards points for every $1 spent on travel (including airfare, rental cars, and hotels) and dining out. All other purchases earn an unlimited 1 point for every $1 spent.
Redeem Chase Sapphire Reserve points for a variety of items at Chase’s Ultimate Rewards portal. The best way to redeem is through travel, offering a value at $0.015 per point. For example, 100,000 points is equal to $1,500 in travel.
Other redemption options include cash equivalents (statement credits, gift cards, and bank account deposits), general merchandise, experiences, and more. You can also redeem points for purchases at Amazon. However, these other options generally offer a value of $0.01 per point or less. Your points don’t expire as long as your account remains open.
Transfer Points At A 1-To-1 Ratio
Transfer Ultimate Rewards points earned with your Chase Sapphire Reserve to Chase’s airline, hotel, and alliance loyalty programs at a 1-to-1 ratio.
Participating frequent traveler programs include:
- Aer Lingus
- Air France/KLM
- British Airways
- InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG)
- Korean Air
- Singapore Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
When you transfer your points, you can increase the value of them beyond the $0.015 Ultimate Rewards portal redemption rate. Just redeem them for flights or hotel stays that would normally require more Ultimate Rewards points. Note, the value of points can vary for each partner.
Chase Sapphire Reserve Cardholder Perks
$300 Annual Travel Credit: Enjoy $300 annual travel credit to use to offset travel-related purchases including:
- Airline incidentals, including baggage fees and in-flight purchases
- Hotel charges and incidentals
- Rental car charges and incidentals
Credits are applied on your statement until you hit the $300 annual cap, which renews on your cardmember anniversary date.
TSA Precheck / Global Entry Fee Credit: Enjoy $100 Global Entry or TSA Precheck application fee credit once every four years.
Complimentary Airport Lounge Access (Priority Pass Select): As long as your account is open and in good standing, you’ll get complimentary access to 1,000+ Priority Pass airport lounges worldwide. At these lounges, you’ll have access to private bathrooms where you can shower before your next flight, food, drinks, etc. Companions pay a discounted $27 per person. This perk is worth $399 per year.
Rental Car Discounts: Enjoy exclusive discounts on car rentals with National, Avis, and Silvercar. Discounts vary by location and carrier, but range from 25% – 30% off the regular rental rate.
Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection Privileges: Get special privileges at more than 900 Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection properties worldwide. Perks include complimentary breakfast for two, complimentary room upgrades when available, flexible check-in and check-out times, and other benefits unique to specific properties like resort credits and welcome gifts. A full list is available at lhrcollection.com.
More Travel Benefits:
- Complimentary auto rental collision damage waiver
- Trip delay reimbursement up to $500 per ticket for trips delayed longer than 12 hours due to circumstances beyond your control
- Trip cancellation and interruption service, a partial travel insurance policy that reimburses you up to $10,000 for trips canceled or cut short due to factors outside your control
- Damaged or lost luggage reimbursement up to $3,000 per passenger
- 24/7 travel emergency assistance.
Similar to the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (see our review), when you sign-up for a Chase Sapphire Reserve℠ Card, you will earn a welcome offer. If you’re a frequent traveler and have read through the features, I’m sure you will now surely want to be an owner of one!
For one, automatically receiving up to $300 back annually in travel credits definitely makes up for the steep annual fee of $450. The travel credits are good towards almost any and most travel purchases you make — even on parking and tolls. In addition to that, you can receive up to $100 credit toward Global Entry or TSA Precheck enrollment.
Whether you’re traveling domestic or international, you will have access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide with complimentary Priority Pass Select membership after a simple one-time activation. You can also turn your points into airline miles and hotel points.
To conclude, this card offers a big bonus with even bigger benefits that include easy to use travel credits. But despite my on-going rave about it, if you can not justify paying such a high annual fee for a credit card, do not feel the need to get one just because of its’ high ratings. You can find the best credit card bonus for you in our list. Interested in what more Chase has to offer? See our list of Chase bank promotions or the best Chase credit card promotions!