Learn about the latest Citibank bonuses and promotions from Citibank here.
Currently, Citibank is offering you a chance to earn up to a $700 bonus when you open a Citi Priority Account Package.
Table of Contents
Citibank Bonuses Review
Citibank has branches located across the following states: CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, MA, MD, NJ, NV, NY, PA, SD, TX, and VA. However, personal checking and savings offers appear to be available nationwide. See below for the best Citibank Promotions.
- Account Type: Citibank Citi Priority Account
- Availability: Nationwide. Branches in NY, NJ, IL, CA, CT, DC, FL, VA, MD, NV (Bank Locator)
- Routing Number: See here
- Customer Service: 1 (800) 374-9700
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Early Termination Fee: None
Citi Checking accounts have reportedly been some of the best for low-fee ATM usage overseas. Their Savings and CD accounts won’t offer the best rates so be sure to take a look at our reviews for best Savings Rates as well as best CD Rates.
I’ll go over CitiBank offers below.
Citibank $700 Citi Priority Account Package
Citibank is offering $700 cash bonus when you open an eligible checking & savings account in The Citi Priority Account Package with required activities.
- Account Type: Citi Priority Account Package
- Availability: Nationwide. Branches in NY, NJ, IL, CA, CT, DC, FL, VA, MD, NV
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Monthly Fee: $30, see below on how to avoid fee.
- How to earn it:
- You must open a new eligible consumer checking and savings account in The Citibank Account Package
- Within 30 days of opening your account, deposit $50,000 in New-to-Citibank funds between the new checking and savings accounts.
- Must also maintain a minimum balance of $50,000 between the checking and savings accounts for 60 consecutive calendar days.
- Fine Print:
- The Cash Bonus will be credited within 90 calendar days from the date you complete all required activities.
- Your new Eligible Checking and/or Savings Account must be open and in good standing, at the time the Cash Bonus is paid or no Cash Bonus will be paid.
- At the time the Cash Bonus is paid, it will be credited to (1) your new Eligible Checking Account if both your Eligible Checking Account and Eligible Savings Account are open, (2) your new Eligible Checking Account if your Eligible Savings Account is closed, or (3) your new Eligible Savings account if your Eligible Checking Account is closed.
- Additionally, you may not convert from your Citi Priority Package to the Citibank or Basic Package, nor can you convert from your Citibank Package to the Basic Package and still be eligible for the Cash Bonus.
|Furthermore, I would compare this offer to some of the best offers available for entry level checking accounts. Current bonuses such as BBVA Free Checking & Savings ($250 Bonus), Discover Cash Back Debit ( up to $360 Bonus), Aspiration Spend & Save Account ($150 Bonus), as well as the TD Bank Convenience Checking ($150 Bonus) are all fantastic offers.|
Citibank has 700 branches across the U.S. Accounts must be opened as a checking & savings package. Service fees and ways to waive are on the high side. Best for high-balance customers.
How To Avoid Citibank Account Fees
- Access Account Package. The $10 monthly fee can be waived if you: make a direct deposit or a bill payment per statement cycle, OR maintain a combined average monthly balance of at least $1,500 in linked Citibank accounts. This account has no check writing or overdraft fees.
- Basic Banking Package. The $12 monthly fee can be waived if you: make a direct deposit or a bill payment per statement cycle, OR maintain a combined average monthly balance of at least $1,500 in linked Citibank accounts, OR are 62 or older.
- Citibank Account Package. The $25 monthly fee can be waived if you maintain a combined average monthly balance of at least $10,000 in linked deposit, retirement, and investment accounts.
- Citi Priority Package. The $30 monthly fee can be waived if you maintain a combined average monthly balance of at least $50,000 in linked deposit, retirement, and investment accounts.
- Citigold Package. There is no monthly service fee if you maintain a combined average monthly balance of at least $200,000 in linked deposit, retirement, and investment accounts.
How to Get the Best Deal
It comes to no surprise that you can earn more money when you have more money. That’s why we recommend Citibank is because they offer tremendous perks, preferred rates, and reward points when they can meet higher balance requirements.
If you can keep enough on deposit to open one of the Citibank Account Packages, you get perks such as:
- Opportunity to earn Citi ThankYou Rewards
- Free checkbook orders (how many free orders depends on which account you have)
- Option to earn interest on checking balance
- No Citi fee when using non-Citi ATMs
- Potential for higher interest rates on savings products
- Waived annual fee for Citi Personal Wealth Management investment account (for Citi Priority and Citigold customers)
All in all, the current Citibank Citi Priority Account Package is a fantastic bonus to take advantage of, if you have the funds.
However, note that this bank is geared towards those with higher account balances. Low-balance customers may find the requirements too high and the perks a bit lacking.
Furthermore, feel free to comment on this post with any questions you may have about the promotion! Additionally, check out our list of bank promotions for all your banking needs.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|BBVA Free Checking + Savings||$250 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|