For those who travel often with United Airlines, definitely check out the UnitedSM Explorer Card! For a $95 annual fee (waived the first year), this card comes jam packed with several perks and benefits that United frequent travelers would appreciate!
The UnitedSM Explorer Card offers 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
If you’re interested in learning what more this card has to offer, read our review below!
Table of Contents
Chase United Explorer Card Summary
With the UnitedSM Explorer Card:
• With this card, you can earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $2k in 3 months
• Annual fee is waived for the first year, then $95 thereafter.
• Earn 2X Miles per $1 spent at restaurants, hotel stays, & purchases from United; 1X miles for all other purchases
• Get up to $100 Global Entry / TSA Pre✔® Fee Credit
• Get your first bag checked for free (up to $120 savings per roundtrip) when you using your Card to purchase your ticket
• Get priority boarding perks & visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
Learn More About This Card Here
Earning & Redeeming United Airlines Miles
Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United Airlines airfare. You’ll also earn 2 miles per $1 at restaurants and on hotel stays when you book directly. You’ll earn 1 mile per $1 spent on everything else. Miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account is open and there are no caps or restrictions.
Redeem your miles for airfare on United, car rentals, hotel stays, merchandise, donation, or annual fee reimbursement.
I highly recommend redeeming for airfare to get the most out of your miles. United Airlines makes it easy to book award flights directly on their website. United Airlines is part of the Star Alliance, which includes partners like Air Canada and Lufthansa. So you can use your miles to travel on United Airlines, or any of their 20+ partners.
United Explorer Cardholder Perks
The UnitedSM Explorer Card comes with many perks. Get the most out of it by flying United Airlines. It also offers many travel and purchase protections. These include primary rental car insurance, trip cancellation and interruption insurance, trip delay insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, baggage delay insurance, and purchase extended warranty. Other perks include:
Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Credit: Get a credit up to $100 every 4 years for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck, which allows you speed through airport security.
Priority Boarding: Board after First Class, and just before general boarding, with this card.
Save 25% In-Flight: Get 25% back when you use your UnitedSM Explorer Card to pay for food, drinks, or in-flight Wi-Fi.
Free Checked Bag: Pay for your ticket with your card, and receive 1 free checked bag for yourself and a traveling companion. You can only get a free checked bag on United Airlines and United Express operated flights, not partner flights.
Annual United Club Passes: Get 2 United Club Lounge passes each year you renew your card. One-day passes are normally $59 each, so if you use both passes, you’ll easily cover the card’s annual fee. Lounges offer a great place to unwind, snacks and drinks, and free Wi-Fi. Some locations even have a shower that can come in handy during a long trip to refresh yourself.
The UnitedSM Explorer Card surely allows its cardholders to use its perks and benefits. The $95 annual fee (waived the first year) most definitely seems subtle when stacked against the beneficial features. These include free first checked bag (saving up to $120 per round-trip), up to $100 for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit, and more! If you’re a frequent United Airlines flyer, I would most definitely check this card out!
With the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card:
• Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases
• Enjoy 1.8% cash rewards on qualified mobile wallet purchases, like Apple Pay® or Google PayTM, during the first 12 months from account opening
• No category restrictions or sign ups and cash rewards don't expire as long as your account remains open
• Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
• 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
• $0 Annual Fee
• Select "Apply Now" to learn more about the product features, terms, and conditions