With the American Express Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card, you can earn 80,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new card in your first 3 months. As a cardholder, you earn 2x the miles for each $1 spent on Delta purchases and 1x the mile for each $1 spent on all other purchases.
MQMs can be earned through Delta Medallion status, including Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.
This card comes with exceptional benefits. These include an annual round-trip companion certificate, Delta Sky Club access, a free checked bag, priority boarding, in-flight savings, and more. However, with an annual fee of $450, this card is meant for the multiple luxury benefits rather than the rewards program.
For more information about this card and how this card may be a good fit for you, continue to read below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Comparison of Amex Delta Business Cards
- 2 Delta Reserve for Business Card Summary
- 3 Delta Reserve for Business – 80,000 SkyMiles+
- 4 Earning & Redeeming SkyMiles
- 5 Delta Reserve for Business Cardholder Benefits
- 6 Author’s Verdict
- 7 Alternative Credit Cards Options
Comparison of Amex Delta Business Cards
|Card Name||Miles Earned||Delta Sky Club||Free Checked Bag & Priority Boarding||Companion Certificate||Annual Fee|
|Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express||70k miles||$29 exclusive rate||Yes||N/A||$95 (Waived 1st Year)|
|Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express||80k miles||$29 exclusive rate||Yes||Main Cabin||$195|
|Delta Reserve Business Credit Card from American Express||80k miles||complimentary access||Yes||First Class||$450|
Delta Reserve for Business Card Summary
With the American Express Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
• Plus, get a 0% introductory APR for 6 months on purchases. After the introductory 6 months period, the APR for purchases will be variable at 17.99%-26.99% based on your credit worthiness and other factors at account opening.
• This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Limited Time Offer Expires: 07/02/2019
• Earn 15,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 15,000 bonus miles after you reach $30,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in the calendar year.
• Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
• Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Pay no foreign transaction fees when you spend overseas.
• Terms and limitations apply
• See Rates & Fees
Delta Reserve for Business – 80,000 SkyMiles+
After spending $6,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account, you can earn 80,000 bonus SkyMiles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these miles.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning & Redeeming SkyMiles
I recommend redeeming your accumulated miles for Delta airfare. Redemptions start at 10,000 miles for some domestic economy one-ways, and 12,500 miles for a broader range of domestic flights with more flexible travel dates. Delta’s redemption tables vary from time to time, thus certain travel dates and times may require more miles to redeem.
For instance, peak-season weekend flights may cost more miles than off-season weekday flights to popular vacation destinations.
If you choose to travel with Delta airlines, you can redeem your SkyMiles towards them or towards Delta’s many other partnered airlines. Down below is a convenient list of all the partnered airlines.
SkyMiles SkyTeam & Non-Alliance Partners Include:
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air Tahiti nui
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- Czech Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Kenya Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Korean Air
- Mandarin Airlines
- Middle East Airlines
- Saudia Airlines
- Shanghai Airlines
- Tarom Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia
Points are generally worth from $0.005 to $0.02 when redeemed, but Delta SkyMiles are worth $0.012. You can redeem your SkyMiles for merchandise, gift cards, and experiences, at the Delta SkyMiles MarketPlace.
Though minimum redemptions are lower for these options (about 2,000 miles), your miles will be worth less than $0.01 apiece when redeemed at the MarketPlace.
Delta Reserve for Business Cardholder Benefits
The Amex Delta Reserve for Business comes with the following cardholder perks:
Miles Boost: Spend $30,000 on your card in one year, you’ll earn 15,000 bonus miles and 15,000 MQMs. Spend $60,000 on your card in one calendar year, and you will earn an additional 15,000 bonus miles and 15,000 MQMs.
Complimentary Delta Lounge Access: When you’re flying Delta, you have free access to their luxury lounge. You can get more seating, easily-accessible power, complimentary Wi-Fi, fresh and healthy food, premium drinks from THE BAR and more. It’s just $29 for each companion, up to 2 companions.
Annual Companion Certificate: Receive a domestic first class, Delta comfort+ or main cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your card.
20% Off In-Flight Purchases: Cardholders receive a 20% discount on all in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit when you use your Delta Reserve Business card.
One Free Checked Bag: Get your first checked bag free on Delta flights. This is normally $25 per one-way segment. You can get this perk with up to 9 guests on the same itinerary.
No Foreign Transaction Fee: Earn your miles while shopping outside the U.S. without paying a foreign transaction fee.
When you open a American Express Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card, you have the opportunity for an outstanding welcome offer. Like the other Delta cards, being able to check in your first bag for free makes all the difference to ensure a great flying experience. This card’s features is great for frequent business travelers, and will assist in creating a pleasant experience.
Although the annual fee is quite high, a huge compensation that will offset it is the full complimentary access to the SkyClub. Additionally, you’ll get certain warranties, travel protections, and other types of coverage when you use your card to make your travel arrangements and reservations.
To maximize your card use even more, you should use the card for any and all purchases. Not only will this help you earn miles, but you’ll reach elite status more quickly, earning you more bonus miles.
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card promotions. Not sure what credit card to apply for? See our Best Credit Card Categories to help narrow down the best card for you.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you aren’t necessarily a customer of Delta Airlines, then here are some other cards you may consider looking into that also have good bonus offers and exclusive benefits but with more flexibility. These include Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, Capital One Sparks Miles for Business and the Business Platinum Card from American Express.
With the Ink Business Preferred℠ Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
With the Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card:
• This card offers a $500 bonus after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
• Enjoy earning an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase you make for your business
• Enjoy 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases & get employee cards at no additional cost
• This card also comes with No Annual Fee
With the The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN:
• Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
• Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
• Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
• 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
• Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
• Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
• Terms Apply
• See Rates & Fees
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|