The ABOC Platnium Rewards Credit Card is currently offering a promotion of $150 Statement credit when you reach $1,200 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening. This card is the most beneficial to those who have an average credit score, so you don’t necessarily need good credit score in order to apply. In addition to that, there is no annual fee so moderate to low spenders can greatly benefit from this card.
There are of course some benefits that comes with this card, so if you want to know more information, keep reading below.
Table of Contents
ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card Summary
- Receive a $150 statement credit when you make $1,200 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening.
- Earn 5x rewards on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter in popular categories such as dining, groceries, travel, and automotive.
- Earn 1 ABOC Rewards point for every $1 spent.
- Redeem your points for travel, gift cards, merchandise, or cash (in the form of a statement credit).
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months.
- $0 Annual Fee.
- Unlimited Points That Don’t Expire.
- Mastercard Zero Liability.
- Learn more about this card here
ABOC Platinum Rewards Card – $150 Statement Credit
After hitting the $1,200 threshold within 90 days of opening your account, you can earn $150 back in statement credit. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring this.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Different from the Chase Freedom card that also has rotating categories, you need excellent credit in order to apply for that one. For the ABOC Platinum Rewards card however, as long as your credit score is decent, you are eligible to earn these points.
Register your card at ABOCRewards.com during the first half of 2019 for the bonus rewards. After July 1, 2019, you must activate the bonus each quarter.
2019 ABOC Platinum Rewards Bonus Rewards Categories
|Chase Freedom Quarters||Categories|
|Q1 (1/1/19 – 3/31/19)||Earn 5x points on qualifying grocery, pharmacy, and restaurant purchases|
|Q2 (4/1/19 – 6/30/19)||Earn 5x points on qualifying home improvement, home supply, warehouse and wholesale club purchases|
|Q3 (7/1/19 – 9/30/19)||Earn 5x points on qualifying airline, cruise, car rental, hotel, and travel agency purchases|
|Q4 (10/1/19 – 12/31/19)||Earn 5x points on qualifying automotive parts, service and repair purchases|
ABOC Platinum Rewards Cardholder Benefits
o% Introductory APR: Since this card only needs a fair credit score, it has 0% APR which makes it more accessible to anyone. You get 0% on all purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months then after that period is over, an ongoing APR of 15.15-26.99% starts being applied.
No Annual Fee: There is no annual fee to worry about when signing up.
Average Credit is Good Enough: Unlike most rewards card that requires pretty good credit, this card doesn’t have that because of the lack of excess benefits, but it can still earn point up to 5X on each rotating category.
With the ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card, you will have many benefits such as no annual fee, the ability to earn unlimited points, and many categories in which to redeem points. This is an excellent offer because the requirements are quite simple, and this card allows you many opportunities to earn points.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Additionally, make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.
Alternative Credit Card Options
If you are looking for an alternative to the ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card, then here are some cards that offer a similar system. These include the Capital One Platinum Credit Card and Chase Freedom Card.
For those who have lower than average credit, this card can also help you build credit since it starts off pretty low, but there is also no annual fee so it’s a good startup card.
With the Capital One® Platinum Credit Card:
• Pay no annual fee
• Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
• Fraud coverage if your card is lost or stolen
• Use online banking to access your account, even from your smartphone, with our mobile app
• Pay by check, online or at a local branch, all with no fee - and pick the monthly due date that works best for you
• Get access to your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Help strengthen your credit for the future with responsible card use
For those who are high spenders and would prefer a card that offers more bonuses and rewards, then this card would work better.
With the Chase Freedom® Card:
• Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
• 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%.
• 3% intro balance transfer fee when you transfer a balance during the first 60 days your account is open, with a minimum of $5.
• No annual fee
• Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
• Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|