Home Federal Savings Bank is offering Minnesota and Iowa residents a chance to earn up to 2.02% APY on balances up to $5,000. Below is all the details you need to earn 2.02% APY on your funds when opening a Home Federal Savings Bank Interest Advantage Checking Account.
Editor’s Note: Home Federal Savings Bank offers matching interest up to 12 months after you open the account. If you make $100 interest, you could essentially make an additionally $100 right into your pockets today. Also, if you’re interested in getting a credit card, look at our full list of the Best Credit Cards!
Table of Contents
Home Federal Savings Bank Interest Advantage Checking Account Summary
- Interest Rate: 2.02% APY
- Maximum Balance: $5,000
- Availability: MN, IA (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: None
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown. Let us know
- Opening Deposit: $50
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Monthly Fee: $10, see below how to avoid
- ATM Refunds: Not listed
- Closing Account Fee: Accounts closed within 6 months of account opening will be charged a $75 early closing fee.
- Promo Code(s): None
- Interest Matched for the first 12 months
- Free Debit MasterCard and free access to CardValet
- Free use of any Home Federal, Kwik Trip, or Kwik Star ATM
- Free use of any MoneyPass Nationwide ATM
- Free Standard Bill Pay Service
- One free box of checks
- Free e-statements (Additional fee for paper statements)
- 24/7 Online & Mobile banking
- Mobile Deposit
- Free Notary Service
Home Federal Savings Bank Interest Advantage Checking Account: If this account appeals to you and you qualify, apply today!
How To Earn 2.02% APY:
- Sign up to Home Federal Savings Bank and open an Interest Advantage Checking account.
- Start earning their APY rate after completing the requirements each month:
- Have 12 debit transactions.
- You’ll begin earn their 2.02% APY with an additional matching interest for up to 12 month
Avoid Monthly Fees
$10, can be waived if you complete any of the following:
- Maintain a cumulative balance of more than $5,000 in any Home Federal deposit account.
- Obtain a secured loan from Home Federal.
- Have at least $1,000 direct deposit into the account per statement cycle.
- Own a business with an active business checking account at Home Federal.
- Work for Home Federal.
- Are 24 years old or younger.
If you're active with your checking account and able to meet the monthly requirements listed above, definitely consider opening a rewards checking account so you can earn rewards and interest on your funds. If you have any info regarding the credit card funding, credit inquiry, or the early account termination fee, please let us know. If you have had any experiences with this bank, please let us know in the comment section below. For more reward checking accounts, you can check out our entire list of Best Reward Checking Accounts.
|With the The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express:
-Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
-Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 14.99% to 25.99%.
-$0 balance transfer fee. Balance transfers must be requested within 60 days from account opening.
-2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 1x points on other purchases.
-Use your Card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits.
-Over 1.5 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017.
-No annual fee.
-See Rates & Fees