Looking to open a new checking account with Chase and not sure which one to open? Below, we’ll give you a comparison of the Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM and the Chase Total Checking® to find which one best suits you!
- Need more than basic checking with online bill pay and mobile banking? Not only can this Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Account earn you interest, but you’ll also save money on ATM fees and on monthly service fees. On top of all of the benefits, you can earn a generous bonus when applying and meeting simple requirements.
- The Chase Total Checking® is the most simple checking account that is easy to use and gives you access to 16,000 ATMs and 5,100 branches. You’ll also be able to use their online banking, bill pay and mobile banking services, plus Chase DepositFriendlySM ATMs nationwide. On top of all of the benefits, you can earn a generous bonus when applying and meeting simple requirements.
Editor’s Note: Interested in a more in-depth review of a few of what Chase has to offer? See a few of our review below:
- Chase Bank Premier Plus Checking Account Bonus
- Chase Bank Total Checking & Savings Account Bonus
- Chase Bank Total Checking Account Bonus
- Chase Bank Savings Account Bonus
- Chase Bank $50 Referral Bonus
- Chase Credit Card Referral Bonus
Table of Contents
Chase Total & Premier Plus Checking Account Bonus
Chase Total Checking vs Premier Plus Checking Account
|Chase Total Checking®||Premier Plus CheckingSM|
|Key Benefits||Key Benefits|
|Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs & 5,100 branches||Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs & 5,100 branches|
|Chase OnlineSM Banking and Online Bill Pay||Chase OnlineSM Banking and Online Bill Pay|
|Chase Mobile® Banking||Chase Mobile® Banking|
|Chase debit card with chip technology||Chase debit card with chip technology|
|24/7 telephone service line where you’ll reach a live representative||24/7 telephone service line where you’ll reach a live representative|
|Chase Total Checking Account Review||Chase fee waived at non-Chase ATMs (4 times per statement period)|
|Earns interest (See interest rates)|
|Fee waived for checks (Chase design checks)|
|Fee waived for counter checks, money orders and cashier’s checks|
|Monthly service fee waived on any linked personal Chase savings account(s) and relationship interest rates|
|Additional linked Chase Checking accounts with no monthly service fee (2 Chase Premier Plus Checking accounts)|
|Chase Premier Plus Checking Account Review|
Digital Tools That Let You Bank From Virtually Anywhere
- Text Banking
- Check balances and transaction history on the go by simply sending a text.
- Direct Deposit
- Most convenient way to automatically deposit your checks each payday.
- Chase QuickDepositSM
- Just point and click to deposit checks from almost anywhere, anytime.
- Online Bill Pay
- Make payments securely at chase.com or with your mobile device.
- Chase QuickPay® with ZelleSM
- Easily send money to another person without cash or checks.
- Paperless Statements
- Access up to 7 years of statements online or on your mobile device.
- Account Alerts
- Monitor your finances to help avoid overdrafts and safeguard your account.
Chase Total Checking®: If you’re interested in this account, see the table above and click to learn more!
Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM: If you’re interested in this account, see the table above and click to learn more!
For our compiled list of Chase Bank Deals, Bonuses, and Promotions, see our full list here.
Avoid Monthly Fees
- Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM: Avoid the $25 monthly fee when you do at least one of the following each statement period:
- Keep an average daily balance of $15,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balances. OR
- Have automatic payments to your qualifying linked Chase mortgage from your Chase account. Payments set up through Online Bill Pay do not qualify. Mortgages must be in good standing and be first mortgages with servicing retained by Chase.
- Chase Total Checking®: Avoid the $12 Monthly Service Fee when you do at least one of the following each statement period:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in your checking account; OR
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances.
Looking for alternative options? See what else Chase Bank has to offer below!
Chase Bank Online App
Still Have Questions?
- Reach someone helpful 24/7. Call 1-800-935-9935!
Both accounts offer great benefits. If you’re just looking for a basic checking account, the Chase Total Checking® is great for you. If youre looking to take it up a notch and get many more features + earn interest on your funds, the Premier Plus CheckingSM would be the account for you. Banking with Chase gives you access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches. Discover the many benefits when opening your Chase account today! For a full list of Chase Bank Deals, see our full list here. Be sure to check back on BankDealGuy for more bank deals!