You cannot go wrong banking with one of the highest ranking banks in America! With access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs, 5,100 branches and the ability to deposit checks from virtually anywhere, anytime, just by taking a photo with the Chase Mobile®app. Opening a new Chase College CheckingSM Account offers you the potential to earn a $100 bonus as well when meeting certain requirements! Below is all the information and details you need to earn your Chase $100 College CheckingSM Bonus!
In addition to the current promotion from Chase, you can also take advantage of a range of great promotions from banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, BBVA Compass Bank or CIT Bank.
Editor’s Note: Interested in a more in-depth review of a few of what Chase has to offer? See a few of our review below:
- Chase Bank Premier Plus Checking Account Bonus
- Chase Bank Total Checking Account Bonus
- Chase Bank Total Checking & Savings Account Bonus
Table of Contents
Chase College CheckingSM Account Summary
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Opening Deposit Requirement: $25 checking
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Service Fee: $0 or $6; see below for more info
- Early Termination Fees: Account must remain open for at least 6 months to earn any bonus
- Promo Code(s): Must enter email on online promo page to receive coupon offer to bring in-branch.
Chase College CheckingSM: If you are eligible for this bonus offer, see table above to learn more!
If you are interested deals, see our compiled list of Chase Bank Promotions.
Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM Account, enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches
- No Monthly Service Fee for up to 5 years if you’re a student between the ages of 17-24.
- Deposit checks from virtually anywhere, anytime, just by taking a photo with the Chase Mobile® app.
- Send and receive money in moments using Chase QuickPay® with Zelle®
- The Monthly Maintenance Fee Is Easy to Waive. As mentioned above, there is no monthly service fee from the time of account opening until after the student’s expected graduation date up to 5 years. However, the $6 monthly fee is “low” compared to other “adult” bank accounts – on top of that, the fee is super easy to waive (see below for details). That fee can be waived simply be meeting the specified requirements OR if you can prove that you’re currently enrolled in college for up to five years of account opening.
- Simply & Easy Sign-Up Bonus. You can score an EASY $100 bonus by opening the account and meeting the simple requirements – enroll in eStatements & complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening and the bonus is yours!
- Mobile Check Deposit. Let’s say you transfer to or attend a college outside of one of the states Chase is available in – you’re able to deposit checks using Chase’s mobile check deposit feature! That’s a plus if you are not near a Chase Bank/ATM!
- Free Access To Over 16,000 ATMs and 5,100 Branches. You’ll be eligible for fee-free withdrawals at over 16,000 Chase-branded ATMs and 5,100 Chase branches nationwide.
- Minimum Opening Deposit Requirement Is Low. All it takes to open this account is $25! As frugal as college students are, a small $25 deposit is not difficult to accomplish. Once your account is open, there is no minimum balance required.
- Text Banking. Nowadays, we’re constantly on our phones – with Chase’s text banking feature, it’s quite convenient. You can send money, receive money, check your balance, and much more by simply using this feature.
Avoid Monthly Fees
- Chase College CheckingSM Account:
- $0 for up to 5 years while in college OR
- $6 monthly service fee OR $0 when you have any 1 of the following each monthly statement period:
- A direct deposit made to this account OR a
- $5,000 average ending day balance in this account
Enjoy These Features Once You Open Your Account
Chase Bank Online App
Still Have Questions?
- Reach someone helpful 24/7. Call 1-800-935-9935!
As a college student, this Chase College CheckingSM Account Bonus can go a long way. With the opportunity of a free checking account on top of a bonus with great account benefits, you can’t go wrong! Definitely make Chase Bank one of your top choices when you’re deciding on switching banks or opening your first account(s). For more Chase Bank offers, see our full list of Chase Coupon Promo Codes. Be sure to check back on BankDealGuy for more bank promotions!
Be sure to take a look at our most popular Bank Promotions to earn high cash bonuses!
- Huntington 5 Checking Bonus – $200 H5 Promotion
- Chase Coupon Promo Codes: $200, $300, $350, $500
- TD Bank $300 Checking Bonus
- Chase Total Checking Account – $200 Cash Bonus
- HSBC Bank $350 Advance Checking Bonus
- Chase Premier Plus Checking Account – $300 Cash Bonus
- HSBC Bank $750 Premier Checking Bonus
- Chase College Checking Account Review – $100 Bonus Promotion
- TD Bank $150 Checking Bonus
|With the Chase Freedom® Card:
-0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.74-25.49%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
-Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
-Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
-Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter
-Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
-Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
-Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
-No annual fee