You cannot go wrong banking with one of the highest ranking banks in America! With access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs, 5,100 branches and the ability to deposit checks from virtually anywhere, anytime, just by taking a photo with the Chase Mobile®app. Opening a new Chase College CheckingSM Account offers you the potential to earn a $50 bonus as well when meeting certain requirements! Below is all the information and details you need to earn your Chase $50 College CheckingSM Bonus!
Editor’s Note: Interested in a more in-depth review of a few of what Chase has to offer? See a few of our review below:
- Chase Bank Premier Plus Checking Account Bonus
- Chase Bank Total Checking Account Bonus
- Chase Bank Total Checking & Savings Account Bonus
Table of Contents
Chase College CheckingSM Account Summary
|-Get $50 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account, enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions.
-Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches
-There is no Monthly Service Fee from the time of account opening until after the student's expected graduation date up to 5 years.
-Deposit checks from virtually anywhere, anytime, just by taking a photo with the Chase Mobile®app.
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Credit Funding: Up to $500 with a non-Chase credit card
- Opening Deposit Requirement: $25 checking
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Service Fee: $0 or $6; see below for more info
- Early Termination Fees: Account must remain open for at least 6 months to earn any bonus
- Promo Code(s): Must enter email on online promo page to receive coupon offer to bring in-branch.
Chase College CheckingSM: If you are eligible for this bonus offer, see table above to learn more!
If you are interested in more Chase Bank Deals, Bonuses, and Promotions, see our compiled list of Chase Bank Deals here.
Get $50 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM Account with at least a minimum opening deposit of $25, enroll in paperless statements within 60 days of account opening and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches
- There is no Monthly Service Fee from the time of account opening until after the student’s expected graduation date up to 5 years.
- Deposit checks from virtually anywhere, anytime, just by taking a photo with the Chase Mobile®app.
- The Monthly Maintenance Fee Is Easy to Waive. As mentioned above, there is no monthly service fee from the time of account opening until after the student’s expected graduation date up to 5 years. However, the $6 monthly fee is “low” compared to other “adult” bank accounts – on top of that, the fee is super easy to waive (see below for details). That fee can be waived simply be meeting the specified requirements OR if you can prove that you’re currently enrolled in college for up to five years of account opening.
- Simply & Easy Sign-Up Bonus. You can score an EASY $50 bonus by opening the account and meeting the simple requirements – enroll in eStatements & complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening and the bonus is yours!
- Mobile Check Deposit. Let’s say you transfer to or attend a college outside of one of the states Chase is available in – you’re able to deposit checks using Chase’s mobile check deposit feature! That’s a plus if you are not near a Chase Bank/ATM!
- Free Access To Over 16,000 ATMs and 5,100 Branches. You’ll be eligible for fee-free withdrawals at over 16,000 Chase-branded ATMs and 5,100 Chase branches nationwide.
- Minimum Opening Deposit Requirement Is Low. All it takes to open this account is $25! As frugal as college students are, a small $25 deposit is not difficult to accomplish. Once your account is open, there is no minimum balance required.
- Text Banking. Nowadays, we’re constantly on our phones – with Chase’s text banking feature, it’s quite convenient. You can send money, receive money, check your balance, and much more by simply using this feature.
Avoid Monthly Fees
- Chase College CheckingSM Account:
- $0 for up to 5 years while in college OR
- $6 monthly service fee OR $0 when you have any 1 of the following each monthly statement period:
- A direct deposit made to this account OR a
- $5,000 average ending day balance in this account
Enjoy These Features Once You Open Your Account
Chase Bank Online App
Still Have Questions?
- Reach someone helpful 24/7. Call 1-800-935-9935!
As a college student, this Chase College CheckingSM Account Bonus can go a long way. With the opportunity of a free checking account on top of a bonus with great account benefits, you can’t go wrong! Definitely make Chase Bank one of your top choices when you’re deciding on switching banks or opening your first account(s). For more Chase Bank offers, see our full list of Chase Bank Promotions here. Be sure to check back on BankDealGuy for more bank deals!