If you’re a frequent traveler, globetrotter, etc, the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® may be the ideal card for you! With this card, you can earn earn 2X miles on all purchases AND get 5% miles back every time you redeem your rewards! It gets better! If you like to document your travels, you can be rewarded for it and earn more miles for sharing travel stories in the mobile-friendly Barclaycard Travel Community!
Wait, there’s more! Did you think that the benefits ended there? In addition to those benefits stated, when you get approved for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®, you can also enjoy 70,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days! If these features enticed you, definitely read more to see what more this card has to offer you!
Table of Contents
- 1 Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard Summary
- 2 Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard Benefits
- 3 Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard Highlights
- 4 Barclaycard US Mobile App – Securely Access Your Account
- 5 Barclaycard Arrival Plus Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Why Barclaycard?
- 7 Barclaycard Vision & Values
- 8 Author’s Verdict
Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard Summary
|With the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®:
-Limited Time Offer: Enjoy 70,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
-Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase
-Book travel your way—no airline, seat or hotel restrictions—and redeem your miles for travel statement credits
-Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
-No foreign transaction fees
-International Chip and PIN for use at self-service chip terminals around the world
-Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard Benefits
|No foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad||Complimentary online FICO® score access lets you keep an eye on your credit score and get email alerts when we learn that your score has changed|
|0% APR For Balance Transfers for 12 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening||Earn more miles for sharing travel stories in the new mobile-friendly Barclaycard Travel Community|
|$0 Fraud Liability protection means you’re not responsible for unauthorized charges you report||Mastercard World Elite concierge and luxury travel benefits including complimentary 24/7 travel card concierge service that acts like the dedicated personal assistant you deserve|
|Chip technology to make paying for your purchases more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad||Travel accident and trip cancellation insurance provides reimbursement for any nonrefundable cancellation or change fee if your trip is interrupted or cancelled for a covered reason and your tickets were purchased with your Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard|
Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard Highlights
This is where the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® shines:
- You get a high rewards rate!
- You earn 2X miles per dollar spent (valued at 1 cent/mile). This is double the rewards rate of the typical industry standard of 1%/1X back. On top of that, the 5% miles back redemption bumps the rate to 2.1%!
- Generous sign-up bonus!
- When meeting the spending requirement needed to earn the bonus, you’re on the path to a free trip!
- Flexibility of use!
- This card allows you to use your miles for pretty much almost any travel purchase, and the ability to book however you want. You’re able to reserve directly with an airline, hotel, or a travel agent or discount travel site. Just pay using your Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® and you’ll be able to reimburse yourself with your accumulated miles. This is ideal for budget travelers who like to speculate their hotel and flight options to find the best deal possible. As you’re booking like a regular traveler, there are no blackout dates or other restrictions, as there often are when you try to redeem frequent flyer miles.
- Overseas – Ease of Use
- Just like any good travel card, it will need to come with no foreign transaction fees. On top of that, the card has chip-and-PIN capability. Chip-and-PIN is standard in much of the world, but no frequent/ratre on cards issued in the U.S. When traveling outside of the U.S., you’ll notice that many kiosks and other automated payment systems require you to use a PIN to verify your identity rather than a signature. This will not be a problem with this card.
- Cardholder Package Benefits
- The card is on the World Elite Mastercard platform, which provides high-end benefits for cardholders, which include:
- Complimentary concierge service and a personal travel advisor available to help you plan your trips
- Access to the Luxury Hotels & Resorts and perks (like complimentary breakfast)
- Upgrades & discounts on certain airlines; discounts on chauffeured car services & private jets; plus discounts on cruises & vacation packages
- Access to Priceless Experiences, such as Priceless Cities and Priceless Golf
- The card is on the World Elite Mastercard platform, which provides high-end benefits for cardholders, which include:
- This card also comes with other protections from Barclaycard which includes:
- Access to an identity-theft helpline
- Built-in travel/purchase protections, including purchase security, trip cancellation & interruption insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, and more!
- Access to the Barclaycard Travel Community (which rewards members with miles when they share their personal travel stories)
Barclaycard US Mobile App – Securely Access Your Account
To use the Barclaycard app, you need:
- A Barclaycard credit card issued in the US
- To be the primary cardholder of that account
- Your Barclaycard user name or account number, and a few pieces of personal information to validate your identity for registration
- A compatible mobile device, operating system and internet access
Barclaycard Arrival Plus Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many bonus miles will I earn for activating and using the card in the first 90 days?
A: You’ll receive 70,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. This offer is available only to first-time cardmembers and may be cancelled at any time. Cardmembers can log into our website BarclaycardUS.com to review redemption options and/or to redeem miles. Select Rewards & Benefits from the Account Summary page and follow the online instructions.
Q:How will I earn miles?
A: You’ll earn miles automatically when you make purchases with your Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard. You will earn two (2) miles for every $1 you spend on all your purchases. Please note that your total purchases include purchases by you and your authorized user(s) and that returns/refunds will be deducted from the total.
Q:What can I redeem for?
A: You can redeem your miles for travel and cash back statement credits, gift cards and merchandise. Travel statement credit redemptions start at 10,000 miles for $100, toward a qualifying travel purchase of $100 or more made within the last 120 days. Cash back statement credit and gift card redemptions start at 5,000 miles for $25. Merchandise redemption values vary based on what you are redeeming for. Cardmembers can log on to our website BarclaycardUS.com, to review redemption options and/or to redeem your miles. Select Rewards & Benefits from the Account Summary page and follow the online instructions.
Q:How do you define travel?
A: A travel redemption is defined as: airlines, hotels, motels, timeshares, campgrounds, car rental agencies, cruise lines, purchase and travel agencies, discount travel sites, trains, buses, taxis, limousines, and ferries as defined by the merchant category code. Purchases made at merchants that do not process transactions under these terms or that use incorrect merchant category codes will not qualify. Barclaycard is not responsible for incorrectly coded purchases. Please note, some merchants that provide transportation and travel-related services are not included in this category; for example, real estate agents, websites or owners that rent properties, in-flight goods and services, merchants within airports, and merchants that rent trailers, trucks, and other vehicles for the purpose of hauling.
Q:How do I redeem miles?
A: You can start redeeming your miles as soon as they are posted to your account and you meet the minimum redemption thresholds, provided your account is open and in good standing. Cardmembers can log into our website BarclaycardUS.com to review redemption options and/or to redeem miles. Select Rewards & Benefits from the Account Summary page and follow the online instructions.
Q:How do I earn 5% of my miles back?
A: You will earn 5% of your miles back as a redemption bonus, to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem. For example, if you redeem 40,000 miles, you will receive 2,000 miles as a bonus to use toward your next redemption. Redemption Bonus miles are added to your account within one (1) business day after your redemption is processed.
They put our cardmembers first. When the founders created Barclaycard, they set out with the goal to make it easier for you to reach your financial goals. They view their products as a way for you to succeed. Serving 36 million cardmembers around the world, they make sure to value every single cardmember relationship. That’s how they can keep their promise to never lose sight of where they came from and why they’re here.
How They’re Different:
Put simply, they have their cardmembers in mind for every decision that they make. They pride themselves on doing things differently at Barclaycard. They value trust between their company and their cardmembers over everything. That’s why their products are focused on your needs before all else.
They want their cardmembers to succeed, and have fun doing it. They work with 60+ partners ranging from L.L.Bean to the NFL so you can access unique rewards and benefits. And when you get a Barclaycard credit card, you’re also getting the support of their full team behind you. All of their cardmembers have access to free FICO® Credit Scores, educational literature, and tools to better track and plan spending.
Barclaycard offers FICO® Score access at its own discretion. FICO® Score access is not a permanent feature of your account and may be removed at any time. To view your FICO® Score, your account with them must be open, active (having activity within the past 150 days) and in good standing.
Your Security Is Their Priority:
Protection against fraud and identity theft is a critical component of who you trust with your financial information. Barclaycard takes full precautions against fraud, and they encourage you to visit their security center to learn how to best protect yourself. As far as your personal information is concerned, Barclaycard has your back. View Security Center.
Barclaycard Vision & Values
Barclaycard is a credit card provider, helping people achieve their financial goals for over 50 years. Backed by Barclays PLC, one of the world’s largest and most solid financial services companies, they partner with over 60 top companies to empower our cardmembers with innovative products and a personal level of service.
They’re much more than a credit card company. They care about every community they touch, giving 2% of their annual profits to local communities. They also donate thousands of hours of volunteer time to environmental and citizenship initiatives.
Their Vision: Their goal is to make it easier for people to do business. They’ll continue to create new tools and products that get you to your goals quicker. Barclaycard has always been focused on innovation — it’s why they’re here.
- Respect: Respect is a two-way street. You have to give it to get it. It’s based on trust and an ability to see things from other people’s perspective.
- Integrity: They try to act fairly, whether they’re dealing with cardmembers, partners or each other. They challenge things they believe are wrong and they’re open to being challenged by others.
- Service: They try to surpass our cardmembers’ expectations in every area. They work hard to understand their consumers’ needs, to develop thoughtful, innovative products and to build trust — often over decades of service.
- Excellence: When excellence is expected, everyone benefits. At Barclaycard, high standards are the norm, and they support one another to do their best every time.
- Stewardship: Stewardship means leaving things better than we found them. It means asking, “Can I be proud of what I’ve done?” Because Barclaycard touches so many areas of our cardmembers’ lives, there are many ways to make a difference.
If you’re a constant traveler, definitely consider the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®. This card is a gem for adventure-seekers and globetrotters. It also comes with 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 months and fantastic Barclaycard and World Elite Mastercard benefits including no foreign transaction fees. With all that considered, the $89 annual fee is a steal.
This annual fee on the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® is a small setback compared to the great benefits that you’ll be exposed to. However, the downside I found is that reward redemption starts at 5,000 minimum for cash back & 10,000 minimum for travel. Before you apply, be sure that you also have excellent credit! Be sure to check back on BankDealGuy for more best credit card deals! If you’re looking for a credit card that has more of your desired features see the Best Credit Card Categories! Looking for the best Barclaycard for you? See our list of the Best Barclaycard Credit Card Promotions.